Thursday, October 16, 2014

Just a Short Introduction...

Hello everyone! Welcome to my new blog.

Is that a sufficient introduction?

If not, let me explain. I've heard a lot of people say how difficult it is to write your first blog post, and I think that those claims are absolutely true. I would compare it to writing the first sentence of a novel. The white, empty page just sits there and stares at you while you worry away, biting down on your fingernails. What will the readers think? Will anyone read this at all?

Maybe not, but I'm not about to let that get to me. I've decided to come right out in the open and let the words flow, whether they sound good or not. But I'll assure you, nearly all of them will have sounded better in my head.

So welcome to my blog! Pull up a seat and stay awhile! I'll begin the introductions by telling you who I am. My name is Haley Marie. I'm a teen writer, among other things, and this blog will be dedicated to documenting my journey as an aspiring author. Let me warn you now - there's bound to be a smattering of other things in this blog, like tasteful music, inspiring quotes, and nerdy fangirl moments. But it's all good, right?

Anyway, enough about me. To anybody out there who may be reading this... who are you? What brought you here? Do you have any expectations about what you'd like to see in future posts?

Don't be shy! I'd love to meet you, and I promise I won't bite!

If all goes according to plan, new posts will be made regularly, at least once every week until I get used to things around here. See you soon!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Haley! I'm Annika (and I saw your post about this in GTW). I know what you mean about the first blog post! I started a blog three weeks ago and did the same thing you did, an introductory post. It's all good, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely all good, Annika. Thanks for commenting! I'll get up an email gadget ASAP. Good idea! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh and hey, you should add in a "follow by email" gadget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say that I love your blog title?! Because I do.

    -Leah Kathryn
    apassionatafortheking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. ^ ^ I saw you on GTW. Good luck!

    Stori Tori's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Nice to see yet another GTWer, you guys are the best! :D

      Delete